Intravenous Administration involves insertion of an injection or catheter into a vein. This allows a healthcare professional to administer multiple doses of medication or medicated infusions without having to re-inject needles to deliver each dose. In this course student will develop their skills in IV insertion and maintenance. If you are an aspiring medical student or a healthcare professional or a practitioner then IV administration certification will enhance clinical skills as you gain hands-on knowledge of IV infusion and fluid administration.
|Start Date||End Date||Day||Timing||Register|
|September 15, 2023||September 15, 2023||FRI||10:00 AM - 5:00 PM||Register|
|July 16, 2023||July 16, 2023||SUN||10:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|June 25, 2023||June 25, 2023||SUN||10:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
- Introduction to the superficial anatomy of the upper extremities
- Basic principles of IV insertion and maintenance
- Trouble shooting technique
- Intravenous system and IV therapy
- Venipuncture procedure and equipment
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Identify equipment used for IV administration, and venipuncture on a training arm, secure, and dress the site
- Know the Dos and Don'ts in Intravenous administration procedure
- Identify approaches to take to prevent, detect, and minimize complications
- Document appropriate information in the patient's record
- Know the procedure for discontinuing the IV
Our experienced faculty and dedicated staff dedicated will assist student throughout the entire training with tutoring and mentoring.
A certification in Intravenous administration is beneficial for healthcare professionals, medical students as an added skill to any healthcare resume . It is also beneficial for students planning to enter the healthcare field or a medical professional who want to upgrade their knowledge or maintain a professional credential. Lastly an individual who wants to assist a family member with insulin injections can also undertake this workshop.